Is your child entering or currently in high school? This unique program will equip your child with the skills and confidence to successfully navigate their way through high school. Register your interest for 2023!
Mon, 2 January 2023
Deaf Children Australia
Via Zoom ,
One unique session - January 2023
• Meet two DHH mentors and hear about their high school experiences
• How to make new friends
• How to transition from primary school with a deaf facility to a mainstream high school
• How to navigate the challenges with having more than one teacher
• Tips on overcoming challenges in the classroom
• Managing homework and time management skills
• How to balance school, homework and your mental health
• Looking at who to contact if you are worried about bullying
• Building confidence to speak out
What to bring
A desktop computer or laptop is required - it allows children to interact.
An iPad or phone isn't sufficient.
We will email handouts after the session.
Online in Zoom
Upon registration you'll receive Zoom session details.
You'll need to download Zoom to access the session. You can download Zoom here.
Will be available to those who require them. The link will be emailed to you beforehand.
$190.00 - (GST free) per person - through your NDIS Plan
$209.00 - (GST incl) per person - without a NDIS plan
1 session x 2 hours program
Credit card online when registering
Pay EFT off the invoice which will be emailed to the order contact
Deaf Children Australia is conducting this one-of-a-kind national workshop aimed at providing deaf and hard of hearing (DHH) youth with the skills, tools, and confidence to navigate their way successfully through high school. Whether your child is preparing for, or currently in high school, we will look at :
- creating new friends
- managing bullying / cyber-bullying and reporting it
- navigating having more than one teacher
- going from primary school with a deaf facility to a mainstream high school
- knowing how to explain your needs to teachers who are new to DHH students
- standing out as being different
- having confidence to speak out
StepUp2HighSchool is led by Deaf and hard of hearing mentors. They have lived experience and are passionate about supporting young people, to help them build self-esteem and to reach their goals.
A bilingual environment of Auslan and spoken English is offered to support all forms of communication. Auslan interpreters will be present and live captions will be available.
StepUp2HighSchool takes place via Zoom and runs on AEDT time.